Finding time for family

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Finding time for family

• Jenni Dietsch

How do you find time for your children? Do they spend most of their days in day care or school or do you include them in your daily business activities? I have been lucky enough to include my children in many of my advertising campaigns and daily business activities. I call it creative marketing. It certainly works well for my business. Not all business owners have children friendly environments though so how about sharing your ideas on how to keep the family dynamic rolling without sacrificing the time and energy needed to run a successful business.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• B.K. Marcus

Jenni, not everyone can find the flexibility to follow your solution, or mine, but it’s an important question to consider and discuss.

My wife and I split the day. She generally has our son in the morning and works in the afternoons. I work in the morning and have him in the afternoons. The result is that we both feel we don’t have enough time for either work or family, but it’s still a lot better than the standard arrangement, and I think our son will eventually realize how much more family time he got than is normal. (As a homeschooled 7yo boy, he doesn’t quite get how atypical his life is. But he will understand some day, and I assume he will appreciate it.)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Jenni Dietsch

I do hope that my efforts to include my kids in my business will help them realize that we are doing our best to make sure family time stays high on our priority list. Unfortunately for us Dad gets taken a way a few days a week. One way we communicate is with FaceTime. The kids love being able to see and kiss him goodnight :). The digital world has certainly made it easier for us to stay connected during our busy times.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.