Bitcoin Certification

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Bitcoin Certification

• Eric Carlson

I’m curious what kind of certification is available for Bitcoin. I currently work full time in a small business, but I have a strong desire to start my own business. (I think there’s a lot of opportunity with smart contracts in particular.) Whatever kind of startup I might create, I Bitcoin will be a key component of it. Thus, I think it would be beneficial to gain an in-depth knowledge, backed by a certification. Any recommendations?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Zachary

There is one bitcoin certification that I know of (https://cryptoconsortium.org/certifications/CBP), but it’s far from an industry standard.  For the reasonable examination rates they are offering, it’s not likely to hurt your career or your bottom line, but my experience working in and around technology was that the typical (competent) hiring manager cared less about credentials, than about what you could demonstrate in an interview.  Though I’m not in IT anymore, my impression of the cryptocurrency space is analogous.  It’s very much a proof-is-in-the-pudding kind of environment, where your credentials are in the business or product you’re offering.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Theo Goodman

yea what Zachary  said

Your github and other projects are going to be your certification.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.