Spreading Bitcoin with Real World Magic and Fun?

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Spreading Bitcoin with Real World Magic and Fun?

• Joey Clark

I was wondering what folks thought of spreading BTC through a sort of treasure hunt/ interactive story contest. Almost like a virtual treasure map full of riddles and requests for acts of charity, kindness, and silliness.

Watch this here as I simply brainstorm out loud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZ_RmnxEHY

I haven’t thought this completely through, but I tend to think interactive story telling could be a valuable tool for spreading BTC not only among people’s wallets but hearts and minds.

Thoughts?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Jeffrey Tucker

testing

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

John R. Meese

Have you heard of Coinding? They’re doing something similar to what you describe. You have to physically explore cities to “find” bitcoin on the app. It’s meant to be fun and exciting. Currently launched in Vancouver, Toronto, & Montreal.

Brendan

I’m still figuring out my way around Bitcoin, but this could probably be combined with Geocaching, which already has a lot of active people. People usually take and leave small toys or trinkets in caches – I can’t remember if there’s any prohibition against money, though.

Joey Clark

I had not heard of Coinding….it looks really awesome!  I also had not thought of geocaching though I did it once or twice back in college. I think something like it would work for what I’m talking about. The trick I think is developing compelling narratives along with the treasure hunting and sharing aspects. Liberty.me  as far as I’ve seen feels like a great model in that every aspect of this place is urging people to provide feedback and interact. The idea that this place and BTC are like plots of land longing to be homesteaded in a new digital frontier fascinates me as an idea and I’m eager to see how the culture unfolds.

Joey Clark

I wish I was in Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal! I want to try it now lol

John R. Meese

Of course, Joey, that’s the point! They want to launch the program all over, but chose a few pilot cities to start. It is based off the geocaching concept.