Do you know of any liberty oriented open-source project(outside of crypto area)?

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Do you know of any liberty oriented open-source project(outside of crypto area)?

• Bartosz Piechnik

There is an interesting project started by the Polish Libertarian Party with the goal of creating open-source e-voting software to be used for parliamentary, presidential and local government elections. I’m personally against democracy, therefore I wouldn’t say it’s the best project ever. However, if the democracy is to stay and the software was implemented properly I believe e-voting could be a way to prevent fraud and possibly a path to increase the influence of the young voters on the final results. There is quite a lot of libertarian/classic liberal-leaning young voters which are not always disciplined enough to vote. It was totally ignored by the mainstream media, but there was a huge scandal in Poland during the last local government elections. First, the commission responsible for organizign the elections were not able to count votes for about 5 days. Second, the results were totally surprising, statistically not consistent with exit polls and pre and post-elections surveys. The coalition partner of the ruling party got around 18% and in the exit polls/surveys they never got more than 8%. It has never happened in the history that the deviation from the exit polls was higher than 1 or 2%. How come the difference was 10% this time?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Jon Kalb

If you are interested in finance you might be interested in Public Sector Credit.

http://www.publicsectorcredit.org/pscf.html

If you are interested, let me know and I’ll introduce you to Marc Joffe.

Jon

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.