Robert Anton Wilson's reality tunnel

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Robert Anton Wilson's reality tunnel

• Dave Burns

Wilson’s epistemology seeks to overcome cognitive biases. He embraced agnosticism on all issues, and recommended that we use a pseudo-Bayesian approach to constantly test alternative hypotheses through direct experience. I think his attitude toward Rand or Mises would be at their certainty makes them more vulnerable to error.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• B.K. Marcus

Dave, Wilson was definitely skeptical of both Rand and Mises. He mentioned their names in one breath in a set of 2001 audio interviews called
    “Robert Anton Wilson Explains Everything (Or Old Bob Exposes His Ignorance).”

The book that seems to go into the most depth on RAW’s epistemology is Quantum Psychology.

I was an avid follower of his until my reading of that book overlapped with my discovery of praxeology. I have great fondness for RAW and especially for Illuminatus!, but with Quantum Psychology, I put aside model agnosticism and became an Austrian.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Dave Burns

Austrian or Misesian?
      Where do you stand on the synthetic a priori? Is praxeology a massive tautology? Hmmm, we should be discussing this under the Mises heading.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.