H.R. 4135: Firearm Importation Fairness Act of 2014

You must be logged in to create new topics.

H.R. 4135: Firearm Importation Fairness Act of 2014

• Andy

Even though it seems like this has no chance of passing at this time, this is great news for those of us who like foreign guns.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr4135

Most importantly:

Sec. 2 (b)(2) “To make it clear that firearms imports may not be subject to discriminatory treatment, and that firearms should be importable for all lawful purposes, including hunting, self defense, collecting, competitive shooting, and plinking.”

AND

Sec. 3(c) Domestic manufacture
    Section 922 of such title is amended by striking subsection (r).

Being able to import firearms for purposes other than sporting would finally allow us to get our hands on some great original guns, including non-disfigured Izmash AK’s!

922r is of course the requirement that imported firearms (like the WASR 10 for example) must not use more than 10 imported parts.

Cheap Russian guns for all!

Thoughts?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Dick Clark

The current law is terrible. It explicitly authorizes what amounts to arbitrary bureaucratic authority by granting this power to the executive branch to classify individual models as “sporting” or non-sporting” and thereby permit or restrict their import.

The bill you linked is quite simple, and it would eliminate some of that arbitrary authority currently vested in the bureaucracy. Seems like pure upside to me.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Josh K

I would definitely like to see the removal of 922(r) which this bill would do. It’s one of the most asinine gun laws.

What I’d really love to see (off topic) is the return of 7N6 to the market with a sporting exemption or even better, getting the language of ‘armor piercing ammunition’ revised to allow steel core surplus to be imported again.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.