Lever actions

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Lever actions

• Anonymous

Anyone here own a lever action? I had a great time the other day with a 30-30.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Andy

I don’t yet own a lever gun myself but I’ve shot several.  They’re great fun to shoot, especially in .22 LR as you can do some speedy loading.  I’d like to someday pick up a Rossi Lever Handgun, I still have so many other guns I need to get first though.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

James (jim) Warmke

I have a Winchester model 94 trapper in .357. Great fun to shoot!

Jeffrey Tucker

My father loved his 30-30. He used to duck hunt with it! Crazy stuff. It made him feel like a cowboy

Dick Clark

I don’t currently own a lever action, but my very first centerfire rifle was a Marlin Model 30A chambered for .30-30 Winchester. It was fun to shoot. The .30-30 round is typically loaded a little hotter than a 7.62x39mm round, but they are pretty comparable.

Anonymous

Yeh I had quite the time with it. (Off the topic of lever actions for a second) my mate used to own a .458 Winchester Magnum….He said he sold it after only firing it a couple of times. I understand why.

Tom Crass

I have a small collection of levers , 3 marlin 1895’s, a Winchester mdl 71 and a 92 . They are great for fast handling and quick follow up shots .

I have a  Ruger M77 in 458 and 338 the recoil on the 458 is very manageable , ( shot backup on some big growlers  with it very reassuring)  , the 338 is almost as  bad.

xris

I just inherited a winchester 88 308 but given it looks like it would take me half a day to learn how to take down and clean it (assuming I can acquire “slave pins” required to take it down) I haven’t shot it yet…any suggestions for brining on old 308 online? Take to gunsmith for cleaning?