NFA items

You must be logged in to create new topics.

NFA items

• Dick Clark

Does anyone else play around with NFA items? (silencers, short rifles, short shotguns, destructive devices, AOWs, machine guns)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Dick Clark

IMAG3080

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Manuel Lora

I have started the process and eagerly await for permission from our dear leaders to possess objects.

Andy

I’ve shot a few suppressed guns (.22 LR Rifle and Pistol as well as a AR 15) but I don’t yet have the funds to have any myself.  Some day!

That suppressed AR is beautiful.

Dick Clark

Hah, thanks! That was my first AR build and still my favorite. The suppressor is a Huntertown Arms Kestrel 5.56, which is about as inexpensive as 5.56 cans come. Here is my short review of the Kestrel: http://silencernews.com/review-huntertown-arms-kestrel-5-56/

H.H. Morris

I can’t wait to leave Kalifornia so I can get my hands on some SBRs and suppressors. I still don’t know why suppressors are NFA items. As far as I’m concerned they make shooting safer, less annoying for the people around, and make firearms harder to conceal.

Josh K

I just got my first suppressor, a SWR / Silencerco Octane 9 HD 2 about two weeks ago. It’s incredibly quiet and worth the almost year long wait for ATF approval. So much fun, I’m going to get a Huntertown Arms 7.62 suppressor to use on my 7.62×39, 5.45, and 5.56 weapons. I was glad to see the review here by Dick Clark, they’re still a pretty unknown brand and I’m always trying to find more info on them. (I would have gone with them for my 9mm, but no one ever returned my emails or phonecalls for two weeks so they lost out to SWR…and I lost out on an extra $200+. They got back to me after about a month, to their credit.)

I have a high end AK pistol that is just asking to be SBRed but since that ATF  officially OK-ed the shouldering of those Sig braces, I haven’t been too motivated to dish out the cash and send the paperwork in.

As for suppressors in ‘Kalifornia’ and other unfree states, there is reason for optimism. The NRA and company are undergoing a big push to increase suppressor awareness and are funding lawsuits and pushing legislation around the country that are making it easier to use and own suppressors. Keep an eye out for a push in your state and pressure your congressmen when it happens. One of their biggest arguments (amusing in this case) is that it’s “for the children” and for hearing protection (which is valid!). A lot of states are considering allowing them for hunting, and with the concealed carry stuff that happened in CA, who knows. Anything is possible. One piece of advice, to help win the war of words, refer to them by their proper name, “suppressors” and not “silencers”. The media and popular opinion have a totally skewed view of what a suppressor is and how efficient it is. May as well use the right terminology.

Joseph Perrelli

Never found a worthwhile NFA item personally. bump fire stocks work fine for me.