P90X

You must be logged in to create new topics.

P90X

Tags:
  • Jason L. Hughey

So, I am a huge fan of P90X.  I had done it in college with my roommate except that we didn’t follow the actual program schedule.  So while I’ve been familiar with the workouts for awhile, I had never done an actual P90X 90 day cycle until recently.

Now, I am currently wrapping up my 9th week of the program and I absolutely love it.  It’s a great balance of strength and cardio training.  Unless you’re already super fit, it’s also pretty challenging.

Any other Liberty.me P90X fans?  What has been your experience with the program?

P.S. Insanity fans welcome too…I have never tried it, though my understanding is that it is far more focused on cardio and plyometrics than P90X.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Brandon McNaughton

I’ve done Power90, P90X. P90X3, Insanity, T25, Body Beast, Les Mills Pump, Les Mills Combat, and am doing PiYo next month. I’m big into Beachbody. 🙂 I’m also a certified personal trainer.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Mokers

what do you think of t25? I’ve heard some things about it and was thinking I should give it a try.

Anonymous

I’ve never done P90X but I’ve done Insanity a bit. Insanity is a great conditioning program. I’ve noticed better strength gains doing it 3 to 4 times a week max versus 6 times a week. 60 days true on the Insanity program left me exhausted and flabby feeling versus working out less often. From a cardiovascular standpoint I felt very fit (rarely out of breath) but extremely weak- all my upper body tests went down in reps drastically while my lower body stayed the same or increased a bit. Nothing at all like the people in the videos or online testimonials. I feel like you really gotta lift weights to get a body like Shawn T and some of the others.

I just can’t seem to punch through the 30 rep ceiling for my push-up jacks. 6’4″ and 215 here.