Can Video Games Teach Liberty and Economics? The Freeman Thinks So

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Can Video Games Teach Liberty and Economics? The Freeman Thinks So

• Ron Danielowski

Tired of people telling you that your video games are useless? Hit them with this article from the Freeman (www.fee.org), and tell them to join the new virtual economics classroom.

http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/detail/virtual-worlds-real-economics

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Derrick Davis

I would say you can teach certain concepts within storylines of video games themselves. Examples include but aren’t limited to: Police Brutality, Agorism, Resisting the state etc. I find a ton of the newer games center around a dystopian state you have to resist (Wolfenstein for example) so really liberty and economics are easily integrated into any storyline if you do it right.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ron Danielowski

Hey Derrick, thanks for the reply, and I would agree with you… I for one would love to see many, many more freedom centered chaos type video games. If you haven’t tried it yet, I would recommend that you get into either Dust 514 – a free FPS on the PS3, (which is the ground side of the space based game Eve Online for the PC), or Eve Online. The economy is huge, with every piece of equipment, food, and clothing manufactured by the players in the game.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.