Gamergate

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Gamergate

• Tyler Lloyd

What are your thoughts on SJW invading game development?  Do you think games will get better or worse?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Tyler Lloyd

My article about it.

http://theundergound.liberty.me/2014/09/15/leave-gaming-to-gamers/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Gage Counts

So you definitely need to explain this. I read your article (and enjoyed it), but I still don’t feel like I know anything that happened with the hashtag. What happened with Zoe Quinn, how is feminism involved, and what of the conduct of the pro-gamergaters?

Tyler Lloyd

Bringing Social Justice into gaming is preciously why gamers are becoming fed up with game “journalism.” It isn’t something they care about when they play the games, so why would social justice be something they want to read when reading about their games. Here is an example:
    http://www.salon.com/2013/10/05/the_legend_of_zelda_is_classist_sexist_and_racist/

Laurel Lieb

Where are the libertarians on Gamergate? I do not understand why both conservatives and libertarians are ignoring this? Is it because they don’t understand the issue? (It’s basically cronyism in the indie gaming world, mixed with unethical journalist trying to write their own narrative and Feminist bullying gamers by labeling all those who support gamergate as misogynistic… Sound familiar to anyone?  Possibly the MSM treatment of libertarians and Tea Party?)

If you do not know the story I urge you to check out this reporting on it:

Timeline

GameJournoPro Collusion on secret Google Email list.

Follow up to GameJournoPro

And here is a piece that is about a year old, that predicted some of #GamerGate

The story is still unfolding w/ Milo Yiannopoulos doing the bulk of the reporting.

To see how the story is unfolding on Twitter follow:

#Gamergate

#NotYourShield

@Nero

@RevueMage

@LaureldLieb

Tyler Lloyd

It It doesn’t fit the mainstream media’s narrative of political correctness, so it is ignored by both sides. Alternative media has really picked up the issue though, and Voluntary Virtues http://youtu.be/LN8INICaDeU just addressed it. I think everyone is waiting to see how Gamergate turns out, but the issue is ignored because it is a serious threat to Cultural Marxism.

Bob Vacanti

I’ve been a part of Gamergate since it blew up last fall and it’s been difficult fighting the SJW narrative. This brand of identity politics is a pervasively slow burn through culture, always on the look for some new way to bully others for not towing the PC line. It quite literally sucks the life out of everything, which is why some gamers are so resistant to the constant politicization of their favorite games and characters. The worst part is that they silence women and minorities who align themselves with Gamergate, claim they have internalized misogyny/racism/etc, all while claiming to fight for diversity in gaming. The level of disingenuous bigotry from those who don’t even like gaming is astounding, and exhausting. Still, it’s great that people are actively challenging the SJW rhetoric.