Precious metal dealers

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Precious metal dealers

• Daniel Shafrir

Can people recommend any precious metal dealers that they’ve dealt with?

I’d be interested in the Massachusetts/New Hampshire area, but let’s be inclusive, shall we – let’s include all reputable dealers so that others who read these posts can get an idea in their areas.

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Adam Sanacore

Do you buy Bitcoin? If so, Amagi Metals will sell you silver and gold for BTC online.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Mr. B

silvergoldbull.com, very satisfied with them up to this point. They accept BTC aswell.

Daniel Shafrir

I actually hadn’t considered the online dealers. I use GoldMoney.com and have them hold on to my gold and silver in vaults abroad. I’m toying with the idea of having coins/rounds/bars myself and was thinking the most secure/private way of getting those would be in cash from a local brick & mortar store. They don’t ID you/make you fill out forms do they? I think, in general, the less anyone knows what you have, the better. For the prying eyes of the NSA, I’d say that I don’t want to do anything illegal, but within the confines of the law, if I can have fewer traces to me, my bank (if I use wires with an online seller) or my address (if I need them to ship to me), the better it would be when push comes to shove and the government forces companies to disclose whom they did business with.

Am I being overly concerned here?

Martin Nicholls

Hi Daniel, just curious if you weren’t an American citizen would you have considered going with Euro Pacific Bank over GoldMoney.com?

Lincoln Gardner

I use apmex.com.

Dick Clark

Daniel, Lou at Colonial Trading can take care of you in Boston. There are also several other bullion dealers besides Lou on Bromfield Street, including J.J. Teaparty, which is probably the largest bullion seller in Boston. Lou is up for haggling, but J.J. Teaparty just has a price sheet that they constantly update and that is that, take it or leave it. Bring cash.

If you go to Lou, ask him to show you the silver bar he has from the shipwreck of the Nuestra Señora de Atocha. The bar is very interesting as it features a cut in it to signal to the smuggler’s inside man at the custom house that it is overweight.

Daniel Shafrir

Great tip!

Amagi Metals

Amagi Metals! http://www.amagimetals.com

We have some of the best prices in the industry! We have been accepting bitcoin since 2012, and we love liberty!

Matthew M Edmiston

Hi everyone, I just joined Liberty.me a little while ago and haven’t had a good opportunity yet to meet many of its people or figure out how to use the site properly. But browsing around I found this post.

I’m a coin broker for Eastern Numismatics. I specialize in rare coins but also offer precious metal bullion. I love my job – I mean hey I’m an anarchist and I get to put real money in peoples hands.

In the coming days as I find free time I hope to write about some of the things I’ve learned working with money.

Daniel Shafrir

Would love to hear your points of view, Matthew!

…and Amagi, I only heard good things about you guys! Keep up the good work! Say, what’s the deal with buying gold with bitcoin? Since both are property, you’re not really buying – you’re trading property for property. Does that get tricky for you guys in terms of how you file your returns or how you declare your business dealings? I can imagine dealing with the IRS and other government institutions being complicated enough as it is, I’m sure the ambiguities of the law around bitcoin aren’t making things any easier.

Amagi Metals

Since both are property, you’re not really buying – you’re trading property for property. Does that get tricky for you guys in terms of how you file your returns or how you declare your business dealings?

Daniel,

The best compliment we can receive is a referral! As for taxes, it’s only a hassle when it comes time to spend our bitcoins as we have to report each and every transaction as a gain. It just gives employment to more bookkeepers, rather than us being able to create more wealth for everyone.

Liam

If you are buying in large quantities $5k+ go with europac metals, last time i bought from them it was a great experience

Andreas Hoffmann

Hello fellow Gold Bugs 🙂

This is a great topic and it’s a great idea to share our experiences/knowledge about the best sources for Gold and Silver. Here is my recommendation… with one caveat.

If you live in or near the greater German speaking area in Central Europe (i.e. Austria, Germany, Switzerland and neighboring countries, or at least in the EU) there is an amazing new Gold dealer/distributor that offers a very intriguing deal and should definitely be on your short list. 😉

I am proud to say that I am part of this exciting new endeavour as an independent partner and we do have some rather ambitious goals we want to achieve. Our aim is, beside being a top Gold and Silver distributor, to educate as many people as possible about the dangers of Fiat money, Fractional Reserve Banking, Keynesian Economics, centralized power etc. etc.. In doing so we also want to encourage them to prepare and secure their financial future with an individually adequate, personal and physical Gold stash.

The great thing is, if they decide to do this using our services they (you?) also have the (very intriguing) option to get paid for it by recommending us to anyone they know … and whom they also want to be prepared/protected when our current monetary system collapses (or experiences some major changes). Depending on their efforts and how long they have been with us these payments can over time actually become rather substantial. 🙂 The first goal for most is of course earning enough to offset their Gold purchases, which translates into getting their Gold practically for free. 😉

I don’t think you will find a more reputable service with a better deal. We are the very first company with such a customer friendly (to put it mildly) distribution/recommendation system here in Austria (or the greater German speaking area in Central Europe, with some new (and growing) offshoots in other countries. We are expanding after all… 😉 ) I am actually not aware of any other Gold seller anywhere with a business model that comes close to ours, but since I don’t know every gold vendor I am not sure about that. 😉

To be honest, the main reason/motivation behind our marekting/distribution model is our wish to educate AND prepare as many people as we can possibly reach and it has been proven again and again that the best way to motivate people, in our case to spread the word, is an incentive. This way we hope to get (more) people to share what they (hopefully) learn from us instead of simply keeping these informations to themselves and making preparations just for them and maybe their family. (Which is a good start, but we want to reach and help more people than that.)

If this piqued your interest and you life in Austria, Germany, Switzerland or maybe one of the surrounding countries (or at least in the EU) and you want to see what we have to offer you can send me a message through Liberty.me or just take a stroll around our very nifty website. 🙂

Sadly, many of the very nifty tools and features are hidden in the customer/partner section, which is obviously not for the public…

Also, be advised that our website is (for now) only available in German due to our current focus on this region.

https://www.insignitus.com/43/JANUS

Toby Rice

This forum is like a dream come true!

For buying in the USA, I’ve enjoyed two dealers

I’ve always brought most of my Gold and Silver from http://www.ProvidentMetals.com, they have big selection of coins and bars, they have no minimums which is great for a small investor like me, and they recently introduced free shipping which is great because I try to accumulate gold monthly. I’ve placed 30+ orders and never had a problem, their customer service has been good extra.

For silver, I’ve switched to buying from http://www.SilverTowne.com. I like their 5 OZ bars, they stack nice, I think it’s a good size to store silver and it’s always free shipping which is great as part of my monthly accumulation plan.

I’m keen to hear from people from the UK. How do you deal with the 20% VAT? Is there a way around it? (I’m from the UK originally and have friends/family there I’d like to help)

Audo

Hey Toby. I’m from Finland and here they have a VAT tax too. I had to go to Estonia in order to buy silver without paying taxes. I just went there for one day and paid with cash.

I also found out that there are some Estonian companies that sell through the internet. That is probably the cheapest way to go, but I haven’t done it myself. Here is one link that I found: https://www.libertysilver.ee/en/

But again, I have no previous experience with them and I don’t know how much the shipping would cost.

Björn Westerberg

The bulk of my silver bullion have been purchased from Liberty Silver OÜ and shipped to me in Sweden though their recommended courier. A dozen orders over the years, I think. No problems at all and great costumer service. Would definitely recommend.

Toby Rice

Worth the tip I’m sure! How can you tax ‘money’? It’s crazy to me. Can you imagine in the UK you pay a 20% VAT Tax to purchase bullion and then a 28% capital gains tax when you sell for profit!! I hope Finland has better rules. Maybe the only thing good about the US and Canadian governments is they don’t tax bullion (although let’s not mention it encase they change their mines)

By the way I have always wanted to visit the Nordic countries, it sounds beautiful. More importantly … *drum roll* … you might even like Trance! Oh please say you like trance and I will truly be in heaven!  Orkidea and Super 8 & Tab being the Finnish trance DJs I can recall of the top of my head. Maybe Airbase although I have not heard much from him for a while! …I must now see if there is a trance forum on Liberty.Me

Rick Rule

Toby

Reported gains on bullion in the US are taxable as collectibles, at your full federal and state income tax levels. Bullion held in publicly traded trusts ( like of course, the Sprott Physical Gold Trust, The Sprott Physical Silver Trust, and The Sprott Physical Platinum and Palladium Trust are taxed as capital gains.

Audo

In finland there is no VAT or capital gains taxes in physical gold at least… I don’t know if I should pay capital gains tax from silver, but I don’t really care. I’m not selling in long time and the authorities cannot know if I have silver or not and when I bought it. On a side note, Finland is one of those countries that tax you to death, so hopefully I will be somewhere warmer someday.

I like trance and electronic music in general 🙂 However, I’m just a casual listener. In general heavy metal is the big thing in Finland.

Toby Rice

Good job I hold some PSLV! Makes me wonder though. I don’t plan on selling my gold, but I do plan on selling my silver, so maybe I should put more of my silver $s into PSLV than bullion. Even easier to trade.

Curious, has there always been 0% sale tax on bullion in the US/Canada? Seems like an opportunity the blood suckers would love to exploit!

Rick Rule

booking a tax loss on one and moving to the other might be smart if you can use the capital loss.

Toby Rice

Very smart. But that would imply I have capital gains in the current year to offset. Out side of my 401K and IRA I’m 95% precious metals & uranium, so no capital gains to offset this year so far… plus I’m lazy.

Rick Rule

not lazy if you have gains to offset, why book the transaction fee for no purpose