We need a new name for Feminism

You must be logged in to create new topics.

We need a new name for Feminism

• Graci Dazl

Semantics matters. Feminist and feminism are loaded words and so heavily unpopular that we need to be reinvented as something more brave, loving and inclusive, and freedom, being the essential element of feminism is a good place to start. Please let us brainstorm to reinvent, transform or reincarnate the ideas of feminism in a new name.  I’ll start…  Freeminists,  Freedomistas, La Free Movement, Equalism, Libertistas, The Fair and Free, The Equitable movement.

EEEkkkkk this is not an easy task, jump in with ideas!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Toni Sopocko

I think the time for ‘feminism’ is over.  Like unions, feminism is no longer necessary nor desirable.  We should support PEOPLE, not genders.

Our local rotarian club gave out 9 scholarships to kids in the high school.  All 9 went to girls.  My nephew was one of only two boys who received scholarships at his high school.  All the rest went to girls.  I’m seeing overwhelming support for all things female, and very little support for boys in their quest to become successful men.  Even the BSA has been torn apart in recent years by the pc police.  But ‘girl power’ rules wherever you look.

What has feminism really done for women?  It promoted a sexual liberation that turned into sexual fascism for my generation.  And for those women who wanted a “traditional” role in society, they were denigrated by their ‘liberated’ sisters.  Sure, we can have it all now.  But really, we always could.

Haven’t we learned yet that showing preference for one group only does a disservice to those who are not in that group?  Why is feminism any better than racism?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.