Summer

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Summer

• Audra Flammang

Good Morning Libertarian Homeschoolers!

Any plans this summer? We are planning a fossil dig in Oklahoma in May, a trip to the Smokies in June, and a whole lot of laziness and popsicles in July.

What does your family do in the summer? I know some families who keep to a curriculum and schedule (although maybe a lighter one) and some who go completely on vacation. I’m going for field trips, a backyard garden with chickens, and plenty of reading and time to relax. How about you?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Daniel Davis

We went on trips whenever we wanted when I was a kid. We also took time off for summer. Taking time off is great for both student and teacher. One of the benefits of Homeschooling is that you have control over when school time is. You can take off for summer or take several mini breaks throughout the year. I suppose you could even do both if your child can academically afford it. The tradition of taking a summer vacation comes from America’s agricultural history. It was necessary for children to take time off from school during the summer so they could help out on the farm. I think planning some awesome educational trips is a great way to to keep your child’s mind sharp during time off. Plus it plants that seed in their head to never stop learning, even when out of school.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Viewing 0 reply threads