What is on tap for you and the kids today?

You must be logged in to create new topics.

What is on tap for you and the kids today?

• Marlayna Donnelly

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Good morning, fellow homeschoolers!  What will learning look like at your house today?  We are pretty free form over here, since everything can be learning experience.  I just love to hear what other homeschool/unschoolers are up to.  Enjoy the day!</p>

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Eligo

My two kids started square foot organic gardening recently so that was in the mix today. My oldest (16) was singing a lot (as usual), played ukulele, piano, and chatted online with her friends today.  She also did a little algebra, grammar and Duolingo French (a language learning app which she loves).  She isn’t sure about going to college but wants to acquire some testing skills so she throws a little studying some days.  My son (11) but mostly played video games today – his favorite past time besides playing with his Legos.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Marlayna Donnelly

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Wow!  I was just reading about square foot gardening.  How is that going?  My children and I have a goal to become better gardeners this year.  My son (10) has an interest in landscaping.  Our goal is to keep the black raspberries and blueberries healthy this year.  My daughter (8) worked on piano and read her Diary of anWhimpy Kid series and my son(10) worked on improving his spelling and an awful lot of minecraft!</p>

Eligo

Haha. I would love to plant some red & black berries.  We have blueberries but the critters keep eating them before we can get to them.  The garden is mostly seeded and going.  My son is less interested for now.  He gets excited when he can pick and eat.  Minecraft was a huge hit in our house. The oldest has moved on (outgrown it?) and the 11 yo has been distracted with some other things lately but he still loves it.  Minecraft is amazing. My son learned to read and do a little math through Minecraft.  I’m a big fan of letting kids go all out on that game.

Check out this site for sq ft gardening plantandplate.com (search square foot garden).

Viewing 2 reply threads