Reading suggestions?

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Reading suggestions?

• Addie Hollis

I’ve had a hard time finding books/articles/blogs/etc that talk about free market environmentalism or similar.  I just purchased a copy of Free Market Environmentalism by Terry L. Anderson. Got any suggestions?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Dave Burns

http://perc.org/ is all I can think of.

Or search start page for permaculture?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Rebecca Lau

There’s a zine called “Market Anarchy, Ecological Order.” I bought it from C4SS. You can find it here.

Addie Hollis

Thanks! I’m sad there isn’t more out there. But at least there is this group. 🙂

Stephen Davis

My apologies if you already know about this article, but it’s a must-read. “Law, Property Rights, and Air Pollution” by Murray Rothbard: http://mises.org/daily/2120.

Addie Hollis

I have not seen that one. Thanks!

Stephen Davis

I’m curious to know your thoughts after reading it. Cheers.

Addie Hollis

I will let you know! 🙂

Richard Masta

I was linked via LRC to drtimball.com today, and I spent a good half an hour browsing some of his scientific refutations on climate change, ozone layer damage, etc.etc.

Allan Savory and Joel Salatin are all over you tube, if you’re into permaculture and anarcho-farming techniques. They consistently prove that human/animal interaction with land is better for the environment than leaving land to sit untouched.

I look forward to reading other replies in this thread, as I am looking for more reading material on this topic. Of course, Walter Block has a lot to say on environmentalism as well. mises.org has all that in the search tab. and youtube. his comparing stuffing people into a phone booth to the world’s population is worth the entire video.

Addie Hollis

Joel Salatin I know of (I’m a huge food freedom person, so I think he’s pretty awesome), but need to read up on him further. I will look up your other suggestions, as well. Thanks!

Seth MacLeod

Professor John Hasnas has an excellent essay, Two Theories of Environmental Regulation. Hasnas is especially great to read because he approaches the market and anarchy from a legal perspective instead of the very common economic perspective, and he is one of the most knowledgeable libertarians on law.

Addie Hollis

Oh hey, Seth. And thanks! Lot’s of things to read… not enough time to read them all quickly. 😀