How do you stay "up" when running your business is tough?

You must be logged in to create new topics.

How do you stay "up" when running your business is tough?

• Isaac Morehouse

I’m curious to hear ideas, best practices, and habits or paradigms that other entrepreneurs and business owners find effective when it gets tough and lonely.  Trying to build out your vision, win customers, best competitors, outperform naysayers, motivate partners and employees, and keep a positive energy going all take a toll on you personally.  Sometimes, there’s no one around to help pump you up after you exert a lot of energy pumping up others!

How do you keep confident and optimistic?  How do you keep the “eye of the Tiger”?  I’ve got some things that often help me, but I’d love to hear from others what works well for you…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Corey Kinsman

When I’m at my lowest and asking why I’m even doing this, I go back to our Business Plan.  This document has been like home-base for us, we keep going back to it to see how far we’ve come, to see if the trials that we’re currently experiencing were predicted, to see if we got off track from our original vision for the company, and then adjust our behavior accordingly. Reading our plan always refocuses my energies to what is important and rebuilds my confidence that our business is worth pursuing.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Jenni Dietsch

Thank you, Corey, for the reminder. I am in a major transition in my business right now and an update to my business plan is exactly what I need. Thank you again.

My husband and I play extremely active roles in all of our business, add 2 small children to the mix and we have the recipe for marital stress on top of the daily business stress that often finds us losing focus. I would love to hear ideas and best practices also from those who own small family run business.

Corey Kinsman

You’re welcome.  Also, I don’t remember how I came across this, but this article usually helps me too. I bookmarked it and reread it from time to time; it reminds me that there are lots of people out there that go through similar problems in business and to keep plowing forward.

Viewing 1 reply thread