Two Wonderful Bitcoin Meetups

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Two Wonderful Bitcoin Meetups

• Jeffrey Tucker

I’ve now spoken at the Madison and the Milwaukee Bitcoin meetups. Both were amazing. Wonderful people, beautiful spirit, intellectually stimulating, great friendships all around.

An interesting point I heard in Milwaukee is that previous attempts to start liberty-minded meetups have not been as successful but that somehow the Bitcoin groups are doing really well. I wonder why. Might it have to do with the practical and specific topic in question? Bitcoin is more hands on than a more generalized meetup on liberty or capitalism or libertarianism.

In any case, I would highly recommend these two meetups to anyone. I think there are FB pages for both, but it would be good to have people posting the events on our calendar here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• J.S. Diedrich

Seeing you at both was wonderful.

To address your thought, I’m going to be that guy and quote myself:

“First, Bitcoin is not a monologue, a soliloquy, or an aside. Instead, it’s a direct communication with the audience. It’s money—something everyone uses, interacts with, and relates to. Despite being an exclusively digital technology, there’s a certain tangible quality about it. Perhaps that’s because, in addition to reading about it or thinking about it, you can actually use it and do stuff with it. Philosophical treatises on rights theory are no longer needed to explain the greatness of liberty. All you need to do is send someone bitcoin.”

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.