Recommend books about education

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Recommend books about education

• Rebecca Lau

Title says it all…. are there any must read books about education and teaching? For example, The Underground History of American Education by John Taylor Gatto.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Dan Rice

Don’t Hurt People and Don’t Take Their Stuff by Matt Kibbe

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Andrew David

That’s a tough question. I’m in education myself (finishing up a phd) and own a bookcase worth of education books. It really depends on what you’re looking for. I made a post about this earlier but I don’t see ‘liberty-minded’ education as synomous with free schooling. I think the latter is actually neglect. I advocate for a liberal education in the traditional sense, a focus on the great works to be sure the student knows the ‘reasons why’ and alternative points of view. Only then can he be said to have experienced the issues and come to a rational conclusion. If this is what you’re looking for, a great author who has produced entire curricula studying the great books (including omnibus books for the public) would be Mortimer J. Adler. Early years go with anything by Montessori. Would be happy to talk with you directly for more specific info.

Stephen Davis

_The Theory of Education in the United States_ by Albert Jay Nock.
      http://mises.org/daily/2765

Rodger Fedrick

Do you require assistance with a university assignment? Take advantage of the United Kingdom’s most trusted writing service to solve all of your university assignment help issues with the best writers in the country.

Viewing 3 reply threads