If tomorrow the government ceased to exist, what happens…….

You must be logged in to create new topics.

If tomorrow the government ceased to exist, what happens…….

• Daniel Vu

I know this has been discussed often in liberty circles, and I remember Adam Kokesh talking about it a couple times in his show Adam vs the Man on how the military doesn’t necessarily need to be there alongside the government, acting like a thug.

But say no government existed, and we lived in an Iroquois-like nation where we had no central ruler, how would it look like? Would there be militias guarding the nation? What would happen in a time of war when we are actually attacked?

I’m not supporting militarism or advocating for another standing military like we do right now, but I wanted to know what it could potentially look like when there’s no Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, etc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Daniel Lee

Looking into Medieval Iceland or the Commonwealth period.

I like studying this area and time period as a liberty-minded veteran.  I think those of us who have the warrior spirit have always learned our skills regardless of whether there was a State apparatus to channel it for their benefit.  The Icelanders were Norse and had a very strong warrior tradition to the point were being a warrior was the same as being a man.

In a free society today, especially one conceived in liberty with the NAP, there likely will not be a situation where every male is required to be a warrior.  However, there are enough people who would answer the call to defend their homeland with force who could provide defense.  I’d like to see it organized with warrior halls where* the skills necessary for defense are taught and remember that in American history schools like West Point and the Citadel were in existence before the Department of Defense was created.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.