Bear Creek Mining: A Value-Investing Analysis

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Bear Creek Mining: A Value-Investing Analysis

• Profile photo of MacGregor Ross
    MacGregor Ross

Hi all,

A while back I took to this forum, among others, to try and understand the techniques to valuing a natural resource company. I have a lot of suggestions for resources if anyone wants some insight into the learning process.

I’ve learned a lot in that time, and as of a week ago, I produced my first valuation of a company. If anyone wants to take a look at the end product, you can find it over at SeekingAlpha (http://seekingalpha.com/article/4054512-bear-creek-mining-value-investing-analysis), or in the document attached to this post – for whatever reason, liberty.me was troublesome in uploading images, so I couldn’t repost the text here.

Would love to hear some criticism or feedback from anyone to improve for next time.

I think for my next valuation, I’ll pick a mid-tier or senior producer so I can apply both junior mining valuation concepts learned here with the accounting/financial statement valuation concepts I’ve learned at school.

Cheers,

Mac

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thanks for the article Mac. Be sure to post it to the BCM room at chat.ceo.ca if you haven’t already. Another good place for feedback.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Profile photo of MacGregor Ross
    MacGregor Ross

Much appreciated Tom. Will do!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.