Upcoming backpacking trip – Wisconsin

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Upcoming backpacking trip – Wisconsin

• Matt Phillips

On the last weekend in May some friends and I will be heading to Black River State Forest in Wisconsin. We’ll only be doing a one night trip, but there’s enough trail to make a whole weekend out of it. It’s in Wisconsin’s hilly “driftless” area (untouched by the last ice age), and there are bears, wolves, turkey, and a ton of migratory birds. It’ll be my first visit, but I’ve heard from others that there’s a pretty nice trail system. It has a camp where you like policy.

Let me know if you want to come along. You’ll need your own gear, but there’s probably going to be enough tent space and cooking fuel between those of us already going.

Since the other three guys are my friends and I’m a horrible pest, they’re all in some stage of accepting full liberty.

The more the merrier in my opinion, so please consider it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Roger Browne

I wish I was on the same continent!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Jeffrey Tucker

oh you should join the Wisconsin group and post this there!

Matt Phillips

I’m from Illinois so they might not like the slightly heavier reek of the state clinging to me in that group, but I’ll give it a shot. Thanks for the tip!

Matt Phillips

We’ll be at the Smrekar Road parking lot¬†and ready to hike by noon on Saturday the 31st, in case anyone feels like joining us.

Matt Phillips

Here’s a little summary in case anyone’s interested. http://mattphillips.liberty.me/2014/09/14/how-to-appreciate-civilization-or-memoirs-of-a-desiccated-man/#comment-2