Welcome

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Welcome

• Christopher Levell

In signing up for groups, one interest I did not see was the Paleo diet/lifestyle. I have found many liberty lovers to be interested in this – we just bought 1 1/2 sides of local grass-fed beef with two other FSP families.

It’s interesting to me how many different approaches there are to paleo/primal. One thing is clear – government involvement in nutrition has led to anti-nutrition, obesity and disease.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Richard Masta

Super excited for this group! The paleo libertarians have a neat little niche in the movement and it’s one of the most exciting cogs in the wheel, if you ask me.

Lew Rockwell posted a funny email a few years ago on his blog: “Statists eat grains. Libertarians eat paleo.” It had something to do with Ron Paul’s campaign office refusing to order pizza because of all the paleo volunteers.

I’ve followed Mark Sisson (h/t: tom woods) since 2011 and last year Robb Wolf stole my heart. I’ve always followed a more primal approach, allowing a little stuffing on thanksgiving or a cookie now and then, and beer. but I’ve recently stepped it up a notch, as I no longer want to dilly dally.

Currently in a 21 day strict regimen, feels awesome, hoping it lasts even longer. I look forward to meeting y’all.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

B.K. Marcus

I like the icon for this group.

Christopher Levell

I’ve eaten low carb for 10+ years, following the Dr. Richard K. Bernstein diabetes diet. With paleo, I’m avoiding omega six oils and seeking out grass-fed/pastured protein and fat sources.

Recently, I started supplementing with potato starch, of all things. It turns out that beneficial lower intestine bacteria need resistant starch, which some paleo, but especially low carb diets do not get. There have been a number of discussions on paleo blogs and podcasts. Anyway, after just a few days, I am seeing lower blood sugars, which is welcome.

For the icon, I googled the USDA pyramid and added the circleslash. Kind of fun.

Frater Lucem

You mean there’s a diet that lets me eat all the fat and protein I want?

Oh wait, I was already doing that…

Yeah, best diet ever.

I never liked sugar, so I guess I got off easy.  All I did was find out why certain foods make me sick I guess.

Bread though, and occasional buttered roll tastes like heaven.  I try to restrain myself.  It’s surprisingly easy to not eat what you don’t buy.  🙂