#AnarchyIs

You must be logged in to create new topics.

#AnarchyIs

Tags:
  • Jeff

The other day this idea just hit me. Let me know if it’s been done before, is silly, makes no sense etc.

Wouldn’t it be great to take back the narrative of Anarchism? It’s been conflated by so many with violence, chaos, with images of looting and Mad Max-style riots and on and on.

What I wished I could see is something like a very simple ad campaign with #AnarchyIs (or #IAmAnarchy, #AnarchyIsMe…something like that) displayed with a picture showing what anarchy really is: real people just enjoying real life, having fun, enjoying each other, their friends, family, etc.

Simple, but just something to plant the seed that there is a contrast to the guy throwing the molotov cocktail shown on the news.

Whether a formal ad campaign with posters, or just everyone posting on their social media of choice, I think it would be cool to see. Make people reassess their ideas and assumptions.

“What is this crap?” Someone might say. “A guy playing with his dog is anarchy? I don’t get it?”. Later he sees another image of a family celebrating making it to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro.

Then the next time he hears a talking head on the news calling a bunch of rioting thugs “Anarchists” he’s reminded of those images and *maybe* questions what he’s being told.

So, just an idea.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Ricky Peter Newins

Good idea,

Ultimately anarchy is whatever is manifested absence coercion or the threat thereof.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Jeff

Exactly, and that’s what I wish other people could see.

Ricky Peter Newins

We need to be creative and come up with good ways to teach this to our kids via nursery rhymes or stories e.g. (off the top of my head, don´t laugh too much!):

The 3 little anarchists pigs each wanted to build their own house their own way with their own material. The wolf worked for the local council and threatened them to take their constructions down because they had not applied for building permits.