Breaking the NAP

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Breaking the NAP

• Tyler Lloyd

Do you think there is a metaphysical force that corrects the universe every time the NAP is broken?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Michael Bunch

No. I don’t think the NAP is a karmic force of any kind. Violating the NAP may result in justice being upheld, maybe, and justice may be conceived as having a metaphysical nature. But that’s as far as I’d go with that.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Properal

No. I don’t think the NAP is a karmic force of any kind. Violating the NAP may result in justice being upheld, maybe, and justice may be conceived as having a metaphysical nature. But that’s as far as I’d go with that.

Dave Burns

Wow, is there an echo in here?

I don’t know if you would call it a metaphysical force or not, but forcing people to do stuff is usually less successful than getting them to cooperate voluntarily. This doesn’t correct the universe for each NAP violation, but it does extract a cost from violators.

Michael Bunch

Yeah I don’t know what that was either; I think there was a quote error.

Properal

I was having trouble posting in this thread.

It replaced my post with Michael’s for some reason.

And editing did not fix it.

Michael Bunch

What are your thoughts on it now?

• Properal

I think all I said was it would be nice if there was a metaphysical force that corrects the universe every time the NAP is broken.

I will now add, that is what legal systems are for.

• Michael Bunch

It would be nice but that takes the responsibility out of our hand. Machiavelli said something to the effect that even if God wants us to do good and be good, he also wants us to share in the glory of our deeds.

foobar

NAP pfap schmap. Mostly NAP goes without saying, and when it doesn’t in given testing cases no one need (or will) agree where the boundary line is, nevermind why. Like the superstitious notion of ‘rights’ itself, NAP leads to a whale of a lot of noise, and the mischievous union of the two is best left to earnest dorm-rooms. Speaking of such heady ferment, another brewskie would go just great, thanks. Prosit!

Viewing 3 reply threads