The most prevalent violence in the whole world is the hitting of children.

You must be logged in to create new topics.

The most prevalent violence in the whole world is the hitting of children.

• Ricky Peter Newins

Why is this still a no-go-matter for most libertarians when it is the most common violation of the non-aggression principle?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Kevin Victor

What about violence against animals, isn’t that more prevalent?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ricky Peter Newins

It may be more prevalent but not more important.

Jeffrey Tucker

Actually the issue of hitting kids is a huge issue in the liberty minded world. It wasn’t at all 10 years ago but now it is. Moly has a lot to do with this but many people have been talking about it for years. I would say it is actually a big deal in this world today, unlike the past.

Ricky Peter Newins

I agree Jeffrey. Molyneux has “spread the word” extremely well but I feel that spanking has been frowned upon for a good couple of decades. I cannot remember the last time I saw a kid being spanked in public to be honest.

Most people know it is wrong even many of those who do continue to spank their children, however most of them do not do it in public as they do not want to be judged.

Bart Vandalay

Because for people to come to grips with this issue they have to admit to themselves that they and/or their own parents are at fault instead of some evil institution far away. It is much easier and more fun to pretend we are changing the world by fighting the Federal Reserve, Congress, etc. Things we have no control over. Poor parenting on the other hand we have almost total direct control over. And therefore no one else to blame. Which is why it is a scary issue that many choose to ignore.

Ricky Peter Newins

Yes Bart, for many people it is admitting that they are wrong/have done wrong and that their parents did them wrong. I can only imagine how traumatic this must be for adults who know they have suffered due to being physically/verbally abused by their parents.

Viewing 2 reply threads