Name-Dropping!

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Name-Dropping!

• Richard Masta

Let’s name-drop our favorite punk moments. If you’ve been punched by Ben Weasel or if you’re just a string and you’ve been tuned by the bassist of Bad Brains…we wanna hear! Tell your story here!

I’m being silly, but c’mon, we all have awesome stories. tell ’em here:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Richard Masta

my friend chris, whom I had met on the Lookout! records forums, had some cool stuff to show me. he drives down from conway to somersworth (two hours). he splays the effing QUEERS leather jacket on the back of his car. “B-Face told me not to sell this.” Turns out Joe picked Chris as his minion to sell his shit, as Joe was trying to quit drugs. Chris and I began an empire in NH: that is, a rekindling of the punk scene. Coolier than thou..Part two coming,

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Rebecca Lau

I met Robert Eggplant, who sang one line on the Green Day song “Longview” (“what you will”). We met at the Maximum Rock’n’roll house. I go there occasionally to stuff envelopes so perhaps I will eventually meet more punk legends.

I was in a Heartsounds music video. They were popular for a bit when they signed to Epitaph but they got dropped. I don’t see myself in the video but I was at the shoot.

Rob Hart

my first roommate in college was a one-time promoter for the Descendents in the early 80’s.  :p

Richard Masta

Rad! Eggplant, haha haven’t seen that name around in years. I love Blatz.

Once when I lived in Richmond VA I saw one of the guys from Municipal Waste at his day job. I think he was dressed nice. It was in Carytown.

Richard Masta

I saw the Rev. Norb in Green Bay play Bob Dylan covers on his birthday. I was on tour with the Queers as a four day roadie. Joe Q bought me a quesadilla in a Perkins. I met Amos from the Social Classics (his new band is Tenement) and he mailed me stickers and his zine. I miss them days.

Richard Masta

I keep dropping all these names, cos there are too many to carry! Ok, this is my last lame story. I don’t even like any of his stuff anymore, really, but I did get mentioned on Ben weasel’s blog back when it was considered cool to be 18 and excited that someone mentioned you in a blog, even if Joe Q introduces you as “Sluggo.” Pretty rad though:

http://benweasel.mu.nu/archives/077664.php

and I got to see the Pink Lincolns.