Batman!

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Batman!

• B.K. Marcus

I asked about your favorite comic books (and expected a flood of replies!), but I forgot to mention what may be the most important comic book in our tradition.

Yesterday, the Libertarian Liquidationist reminded us of THE comic book for libertarians: The Berlin Batman, in which an alternate-history version of the Dark Knight tries to foil the Nazi’s confiscation of Ludwig von Mises’s papers.

I learned about this post because the LL includes a link to an old blog post of mine, in which I quote Brian Doherty and link to Paul Cantor on this perfect storm of pop culture and Austrolibertarian history.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Sean Ridlon

I haven’t paid attention to Batman for 30 years but for the last 7 years, my son has been absolutely enthralled.

I’m gonna send that link to my son! He’s all about the Bat!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

B.K. Marcus

My son just turned 8, and he is very into the superheroes, too. He has read the original 10 issues of Fantastic Four on the iPad, but most of his exposure is through TV shows on Netflix and Amazon. Right now we’re watching Green Lantern: The Animated Series, which I highly recommend.

Austrian- and libertarian-influenced Bradley J. Birzer writes about Batman at The Imaginative Conservative: http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/category/batman

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.