Bookworm Hangout on L.me YouTube Channel?

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Bookworm Hangout on L.me YouTube Channel?

• Frank Marcopolos

In an effort to increase attendance (and thereby maximize the fun factor), is there any chance the Bookworm Hangout could be recorded and then put up on the L.me YouTube channel?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Mike Vroman

I would like that, as time constraints and equipment difficulties make it very difficult for me to participate in real time events. I would like to at least watch a couple to see what goes on.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Mike Reid

Cool idea, Frank!

Hey, there’s no reason why we can’t try recording the hangout and releasing it on Youtube as long as everybody knows ahead of time that’s what we’re up to.

We can stick to the Google Hangouts tech because it records for YouTube super-easily, and leave the fancy Adobe Connect tech aside for the time being (that stuff seems to hate your setup anyway, Frank).

I propose that we try it at the Bookworm hangout after next (Wednesday the 15th). That way we can make sure nobody’s getting ambushed by being recorded.

What do you think?

Got any suggestions for good discussion questions for that hangout (or for next week’s, on the 8th?)

Frank Marcopolos

Agree on the timing and tech. For topic suggestions, it seems like no one ever knows what it is ahead of time anyway, even when it gets posted here. So, we may want to keep it open and just have a “bookish” chat, with the old “What’re you reading right now and how is it, etc.” as the fallback option. If we could ever email all the “regulars” ahead of time with specific topics, that *might* work better. Also, we could encourage drinking. (No surprise I came up with that one.)

Viewing 2 reply threads