Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With

• B.K. Marcus

http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/date-reader-readers-best-people-fall-love-scientifically-proven/662017/

Some excerpts, for those of you who are skimmers rather than readers 😉

“Readers, like voicemail leavers and card writers, are now a dying breed, their numbers decreasing with every GIF list and online tabloid. The worst part about this looming extinction is that readers are proven to be nicer and smarter than the average human, and maybe the only people worth falling in love with on this shallow hell on earth.”

“They can entertain other ideas, without rejecting them and still retain their own. While this is supposed to be an innate trait in all humans, it requires varying levels of social experiences to bring into fruition and probably the reason your last partner was a narcissist.”

“While everyone thinks their kids are the best, the ones who read have the edge as they truly are the wiser, more adaptable and understanding children.”

“They have the capacity for empathy. They may not always agree with you, but they will try to see things from your point of view.”

“Being overly smart is obnoxious, being wise is a turn on. There’s something irresistible about someone you can learn from. The need for banter and witty conversation is more imperative than you may believe, and falling in love with a reader will enhance not just the conversation, but the level of it.”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Toni Sopocko

May I steal this and post it on FB?  Mom was a librarian. . . my whole family is a bunch of bookaholics!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Rick Rule

my personal experience ( I married a voracious reader) appears to support the thesis! At least you will have something pleasant to talk about!

B.K. Marcus

Toni, spread the word!

Rick, I was happy to show this article to my wife, too.

I’ve only ever had one girlfriend who wasn’t an avid book reader, and that experience also supports the article’s thesis.

Viewing 2 reply threads