MaidSafe

You must be logged in to create new topics.

MaidSafe

• Francis Brunelle

I like MaidSafe because by default everyone is anonymous when they access the MaidSafe network and when they make requests to store and fetch files.

I also like that the MaidSafe network becomes more performant as more people use it and that popular files are faster to download.

I am also open to alternatives like Ethereum, Storj, Sia, Filecoin, Bitcloud, etc. but I have strong preference for MaidSafe because users are anonymous by default and it’s also a very performant system.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Bart Vandalay

And so Francis I see you just spent a few days with the Maidsafe team in Scottland. How did conversations go in regards to the automatic rewarding scheme?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Francis Brunelle

I’ve talked with David Irvine and none of the concerns I had seem to be a problem because if I understand correctly, users will be able to choose if they want to make a donation and all the network would do is send a suggestion of how much they should be paying (for example based on the popularity of the content ; if the content is popular, it would suggest a small donation and if it’s unpopular, it would suggestion a higher donation because the content is probably for a small specific audience).

Also, content watermarking would serve only to facilitate the identification of the content creator. For example, if I see a song on the network, I could instantly see that it’s associated with the public id that belongs to Bob Dylan and therefore I would send the donation to Bob Dylan. But I could also choose not to send a donation or to send it to someone else.

In the case of a wallet address embedded in an app, the payment would be automatic, but if a team is not working on the app anymore, someone could fork the source code and remove the wallet address.

So I feel like things are headed in the right direction. Now that this cleared up I am even more motivated to start a SAFE pod in Montreal and to organize the MaidSafe conference!!! I also have another good news that I will share with everyone soon =D

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.