Artists selling custom currency

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Artists selling custom currency

• Test

I heard somewhere (can’t remember for the life of me) that an artist was creating their own bitcoin-esk currency to sell to their fans in exchange for their music. I’m not sure if I understand it entirely but it seemed like the idea is that the artist has a website that operates as a marketplace for their currency where you can buy and sell it in exchange for other currencies like the dollar or bitcoin, and you get certain perks for buying certain amounts of their currency. Like for x amount maybe you get a song of your choice, for 10x an album or t shirt, etc.
    Seems like an amazing idea to me. It’s almost like holding stock in your favorite artist. The more faith in them you have to keep producing good music the more incentive there is to buy from them.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Cloudius Albinus

Fascinating…Thanks Russell.  I’ve heard of bands being tipped or paid in alt-currency, but this is even cooler.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Roger Browne

Russell, you’re probably thinking of Tatiana Moroz:

Artists and Cryptocurrency

Cloudius Albinus

Cloudius Albinus

This article hints at the ramifications the block chain will have on music investment and distribution:  http://www.businessinsider.com/the-future-of-the-blockchain-2014-4#!JiFEE