Nootropic stacks

You must be logged in to create new topics.

Nootropic stacks

• Prenna

I was wondering what, if any, nootropics members of the group are taking or have taken. Has anyone had any major successes with them?

I had been taking Alpha Brain, which contains Alpha GPC, L-theanine, L-tyrosine, and Huperzine A. It definitely had an effect, though it was subtle at first. My thinking became clearer and faster, I slept better, and had much more vivid dreams. I’ve run out of Alpha Brain but I should be restocking soon.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Frater Lucem

High concentrations of B6 & B12 seems to jack my energy levels up pretty well.  High concentrations of GABA is pretty useful as far as a non-harmful anti-anxiety supplement.  Piracetam, Aniracetam, and Oxiracetam are all potent nootropics BUT should not be mixed with other drugs that are vasodilators or vasoconstrictors — they potentiate their effects.  I know this from experience.  i.e. one cup of coffee will feel like three, one beer will feel like three.  But if you’re looking for a measurably effective nootropic, the -racetams are where it’s at.  acetylcholine supplementation is never a bad idea.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Krisztián Pintér

anyone has experience with piracetam? here, our wise overlords decided that it is dangerous to me and i should not try it. so i can’t. anyone has better luck? and should i try to work around our wise system to my detriment?

Roger Browne

How could anything beat good coffee?

Frater Lucem

I hear adderall does a pretty good job, but I’ve never tried it.

As pertaining to piracetam and the -racetams in general, they work great at first but you build up a tolerance after a few weeks.  I’m familiar with placebos and it’s definitely not a placebo for me, I feel more confident, my mind feels sharper, crisper, I don’t get as mentally or physically fatigued.

There’s zero reason for it to be illegal.  In fact it should be promoted for many types of mentally intensive work.

Andreas Hoffmann

Interesting… I was a bit surprised to find a discussion about nootropics on liberty.me, but on the other hand… Why shouldn’t there be such a discussion and if not here, where else? 😉

Just my 2 cents…
      I am relatively new to this topic but have already found a few resources that I would recommend for anyone looking into this very interesting topic. Apparently THE source for information about nootropics is Longecity (link below) but there are a lot of other sites with good content…Personally I have not (yet) tried a nootropic but I recently order some noopept to test it out and am curious about the effect. …Self-experimentation is (hopefully) fun. 😉

http://www.longecity.org
      http://nootriment.com/noopept/
      …or just look it up on startpage/ixquick/ddg 😉

Also… Not specifically about nootropics, but I found that Dave Asprey has a lot of interesting and useful information about biohacking (which includes nootropics) on his website bulletproofexec.com … might be worth checking out. 😉
      His talk about his Top 6 Biohacks on YouTube is also quite interesting.

Grant Hoskin

I’ve tried oxiracetam and pramiracetam. I find Oxiracetam is brilliant for logic based or mathematical type activites – I was using it when I needed to do some economics studying. I mixed it with orange juice and CDP Choline, and I found that its effects lasted about 90 minutes, then I had a noticeable crash and I usually had to take a short nap at this point.

Pramiracetam had effects that lasted much longer (about 4-6 hours typically) but I found it difficult to do quantitative tasks on this, and I preferred reading and making notes. I usually had this with either olive oil or yoghurt as it’s fat soluble, and I put it into capsules as it tastes absolutely vile.

I’ve also tried Neurostim by MindNutrition which didn’t work for me. It’s mainly aniracetam which is supposed to be good for improving focus and memory but it made me extremely sleepy and gave me serious brain fog. The supplement contains aniracetam, DMAE and Vinpocetine and I’ve seen brain fog being attributed to all three of the components individually, so I’ve been unable to determine what was causing it in my case.

Oxiracetam is definitely my favourite of those I’ve tried.

Poker Phish

My stack

Morning

Acetyl L-carnitine 250mg

Theanine 200mg

Bacopa Extract 225mg

Piracetam 800mg

CDP Choline 250mg

Afternoon

Theamine 200mg

Piracetam 800mg

CDP Choline 250mg

Adrafinil as needed

Josh K

I have mountains of research articles on the use of these chemicals if anyone is interested. From my research, I found good old fashioned caffeine has the best evidence. When used in proper ratios with caffeine, theanine has a nice additive effect while attenuating the caffeine jitters and other common side effects. I also saw someone taking Alpha-GPC which is cool. Another to look at is phosphatidylserine.

Piracetam has decent evidence, but as others have mentioned, it is no longer available commercially. You can still purchase high grades of it in pure powder form from respectable chemical suppliers like sigma aldrich. If you like playing Russian Roulette with your health, you can check out ali baba and buy it from China or India, along with other more active substituted racetams like phenylpiracetam. Although piracetam is used internationally and has a decent track record, I don’t know of any large scale studies in which it has demonstrated both safety and efficacy. (Mind you, my nootropic research was primarily in natural choline derivatives and caffeine/theanine and the like).

With that said, I would recommend caution in anyone experimenting with a racetam. The structural similarity to Keppra (levetiracetam), an anticonvulsant, cannot be ignored. Keppra can have some pretty horrible side effects. The low number of studies (especially with racetams other than piracetam) coupled with potentially inadequate quality control makes me lose interest in these pretty quickly.

Stay safe. Don’t overtax your kidneys with multiple grams of chemicals a day. Let us all know if you beat the pi memorization record and then maybe I’ll join you in taking these things.

Jackitalism

Modafinil & Coffee. 1.25x normal me.

Viewing 8 reply threads